About The Photographer and Her Work
Why choose Tanya?
- have photographed nearly 100 weddings and hundreds of portrait sessions
- edit photos to have a natural look, which won't look so dated years down the road
- hold a BFA (Multidisciplinary) with Great Distinction, University of Lethbridge
- am a member of The National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP)
- am not afraid to photograph zombies
Don't let my young age fool you; I've been shooting professionally since finishing university, but I picked up a camera long before then and have had a very busy and fulfilling career so far. Since my graduation from the University of Lethbridge in 2006, where I earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Multidisciplinary) with Great Distinction, I have close to 100 weddings, as well as countless babies, families, and individuals; I was the studio manager for Litwin Photography in Lethbridge; and I received an Accolade of Excellence from WPPI 2008 in Las Vegas. I constantly strive to push my creativity to the next level.
I love all types of photography, so I will shoot all types of photography! I offer basic to full day wedding coverage, versatile portrait work, and any alternative ideas you may have. My passion lies in fashion, concert, and even zombie photography, but I apply that passion and punchy style to everything I shoot, whether it be commercial work, family photography, or weddings.
My work is all done on location, whether outdoors, in a public building, or in the comfort of your own home. I serve Lethbridge, Crowsnest Pass, and the surrounding areas (including Waterton, Calgary, and BC). I am also willing to travel anywhere, so please contact me for a quote if your session will fall outside of these locations! If you have to pay for travel, you'll always be credited with extra session time.
- Emotional photos that look candid are usually quite posed.
- Crying babies can still look happy in photos. Newborns don't often smile; those "smiling" photos are usually in between sobbing fits. (Or maybe I'm the "baby whisperer"!)
- I'm good at chasing two year olds. You won't need to yell at them for misbehaving on the shoot, or they'll just get stressed.
- Old, sketchy locations sometimes make the best backdrop for photos.
- You don't need to know how to model or pose in order to look good in your photos. Everyone says they are not photogenic. Everyone. Just trust me :)
- The best angles are sometimes extreme ones. Don't worry if I start lying on the ground during a shoot. I've often been dubbed "The Human Tripod."